11 Reasons to bring your kids on a Park Clean Up Project
(Last weekend, as we have done in other springs past, JamFam spent some time picking up garbage at the beach/playground park at Lake Gervais. We recommend this for your family. Here are some reasons.)
* It’s just one more reason to go on a picnic.
* It’s like a scavenger hunt!
* It makes your family act as a team. Group project!
* It teaches kids to cherish what God has created
* It encourages kids to not litter
* If your church uses the Children’s Desiring God Program and one of your kids is using the K/1 curriculum, this will enable them to get a reward pin for their ribbon!
* Your kids can see results of their work.
* You might find some interesting stuff.
* You will see the park from a new perspective.
* If you have a child that hates the idea of touching garbage, this can show them that there is often value in doing something you hate.
* It can be a ministry from your family to an entire community.
Please Note: Photos By Carl
A few tips:
Bring lots of bags to collect the garbage.
To prevent risk of sickness, you may want to bring plastic gloves (that you can buy at any grocery store for a buck per twenty) and/or anti-bacteria cream. But our family has done these projects without either of these to no ill-effect.
And a quick unrelated question:
Do you think Foster looks cute in this hat? (Answer Yes or No)